Monday, June 29, 2009

Sew I'm on a mission...



Ok, ever since I was given a sewing machine for Christmas last year, I've been so attached to it. After 2 visits to the Southern Highlands earlier this year, I had an urgency to be more free spirited, more carefree and just enjoy life as it is. The serenity enables me to embrace my surroundings and best of all, I am able to just do what I have always wanted to do....sew!

The global economic crisis has caused everyone to be a bit more cautious with their spending but for me, I've been on a spree of sewing supplies from beautiful country fabrics, pretty laces to amazing buttons.

There have been so many pretty things I wanted to buy but my inner thoughts tell me I can't due to me limited budget...I've come across so many pieces of clothing that I've wanted to take home but I know I couldn't. There was a really pretty apron I wanted to purchase because it would look so pretty sitting in my kitchen but when I looked at the price tag and gave it a second thought! I bought a plain one instead and fiddled around with some cutoffs I had at home sitting in a box waiting to be used. To my surprise, I thought it looked pretty good! I didn't end up hanging it in my kitchen, I gave it to my sister-in-law as a housewarming present. I thought it would look much nicer in her kitchen. She absolutely loved it! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment